Tour de France Stage 18 of 2022 will go from Lourdes to Hautacam. It will be a Mountain stage.
Lourdes is a common starting line of Pyrenees stages and Hautacam a common finish line. Let’s see if the classic becomes an amazing stage.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 18
Tour de France Stage 18 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 18 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 5 times Stage 18 was an Individual Time Trial
- 3 times Stage 18 was a Team Time Trial
- 6 times Stage 18 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 18, has been 170.07 kms (105.73 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 18 average distance increases to 177.38 km (110.27 miles).
Stage number 18 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be than the historical average with 143 kms (89 miles).
Tour de France Stage 18 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 18 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 18th Stage: 343.00 km. 1925 edition
- Shortest 18th Stage: 17.00 km. 2016 edition
Tour de France Stage 18 types of stage
The eighteenth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Mountain stage from Lourdes to Hautacam. A Mountain stage in the 18th stage of Tour de France has happened 6 times.
A Flat stage, with 34 times, is the most common type of stage on the eighteenth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 18 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 18 are:
- Pau – 5 times
- Morzine – 5 times
- Le Bourg-d’Oisans – 5 times
- Strasbourg – 4 times
- Gap – 4 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 18 are:
- Pau – 8 times
- Bordeaux – 8 times
- Metz – 5 times
- Briançon – 4 times
- Alpe d’Huez – 3 times
Tour de France Stage 18 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 18th stage of Tour de France:
- Louison Bobet (FRA) – 3 victories
- René Le Grevès (FRA) – 2 victories
- Mark Cavendish (GBR) – 2 victories
- Marcel Kint (BEL) – 2 victories
- Laurent Fignon (FRA) – 2 victories
- Jean-Pierre Danguillaume (FRA) – 2 victories
- Gianni Bugno (ITA) – 2 victories
- Freddy Maertens (BEL) -2 victories
- Charly Gaul (LUX) – 2victories
- Bernard Hinault (FRA) – 2 victories
Stage 18 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about Stage 7 of Tour de France.