Stage 10 of Tour de France 2022 will go from Morzine to Megève. It will be a Medium-mountain stage.
After the rest day a medium mountain stage will be taking the peloton to the heart of the Alps preceding two amazing mountain stages.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 10
Tour de France Stage 10 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 10 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 4 times Stage 10 was an Individual Time Trial
- 0 times Stage 10 was a Team Time Trial
- 3 times Stage 10 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 10, has been 206.04 kms (128.02 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 10 average distance increases to 212.17 km (131.82 miles).
Stage number 10 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be shorter than the historical average with 148 kms (92 miles).
Tour de France Stage 10 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 10 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 10th Stage: 391.00 km. 1906 edition
- Shortest 10th Stage: 54.33 km. 1938 edition
Tour de France Stage 10 types of stage
The tenth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Medium-mountain stage from Morzine to Megève. A Medium-mountain stage in the 10th stage of Tour de France has happened 44 times.
A Flat stage, with 46 times, is the most common type of stage on the tenth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 10 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 10 are:
- Nice – 9 times
- Luchon – 8 times
- Bordeaux – 7 times
- Digne – 6 times
- Bayonne – 6 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 10 are:
- Pau – 9 times
- Bayonne – 8 times
- Nice – 7 times
- Grenoble – 6 times
- Briançon – 6 times
Tour de France Stage 10 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 10th stage of Tour de France:
- Robert Millar (GBR) – 2 victories
- Maurice Archambaud (FRA) – 2 victories
- Mark Cavendish (GBR) – 2 victories
- Marcel Kittel (GER) – 2 victories
- Jean-Paul van Poppel (NED) – 2 victories
- Jacques Anquetil (FRA) – 2 victories
- Henri Pélissier (FRA) – 2 victories
- Félicien Vervaecke (BEL) -2 victories
- Felice Gimondi (ITA) – 2 victories
- Eddy Merckx (BEL) – 2 victories
Stage 10 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about stage 9 of Tour de France.