Tour de France Stage 11 of 2022 will go from Albertville to Col du Granon. It will be a Mountain stage.
Mountains like Galibier and Telegraph are synonyms of high mountain stages. Stage 11 of 2022 edition hopefully will be an epic stage.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 11
Tour de France Stage 11 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 11 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 6 times Stage 11 was an Individual Time Trial
- 1 times Stage 11 was a Team Time Trial
- 2 times Stage 11 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 11, has been 206.23 kms (128.15 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 11 average distance increases to 217.63 km (135.23 miles).
Stage number 11 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be shorter than the historical average with 149 kms (93 miles).
Tour de France Stage 11 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 11 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 11th Stage: 391.00 km. 1909 edition
- Shortest 11th Stage: 32.00 km. 2001 edition
Tour de France Stage 11 types of stage
The eleventh stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Mountain stage from Albertville to Col du Granon. A Mountain stage in the 11th stage of Tour de France has happened 8 times.
A Medium mountain stage, with 43 times, is the most common type of stage on the eleventh stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 11 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 11 are:
- Pau – 9 times
- Bayonne – 8 times
- Nice – 7 times
- Grenoble – 7 times
- Briançon – 6 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 11 are:
- Marseille – 6 times
- Luchon – 6 times
- Geneva – 6 times
- Pau – 5 times
- Montpellier – 5 times
Tour de France Stage 11 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 11th stage of Tour de France:
- Mark Cavendish (GBR) – 3 victories
- André Leducq (FRA) – 3 victories
- Nicolas Frantz (LUX) – 2 victories
- Lucien Petit-Breton (FRA) – 2 victories
- Lucien Buysse (BEL) – 2 victories
- Louis Trousselier (FRA) – 2 victories
- Lance Armstrong (USA)[a] – 2 victories
- Joop Zoetemelk (NED) -2 victories
- Jean Robic (FRA) – 2victories
- Gino Bartali (ITA) – 2 victories
Stage 11 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find other stats and information, similar to this posts, about stage 10 of Tour de France.
Photo by Hannes Glöckl on Unsplash