Tour de France Stage 13 2022 will go from Bourg-d’Oisans to Saint-Étienne. It will be a Flat stage.
After a few days where the favorites to win the Yellow jersey will be the main actors it is time to fight for a breakthrough or a chance for the sprinters surviving in the peloton.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 13
Tour de France Stage 13 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 13 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 7 times Stage 13 was an Individual Time Trial
- 0 times Stage 13 was a Team Time Trial
- 4 times Stage 13 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 13, has been 202.04 kms (125.60 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 13 average distance increases to 213.11 km (132.48 miles).
Stage number 13 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be shorter than the historical average with 193 kms (120 miles).
Tour de France Stage 13 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 13 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 13th Stage: 424.00 km. 1909 edition
- Shortest 13th Stage: 16.30 km. 1971 edition
Tour de France Stage 13 types of stage
The thirteenth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Flat stage from Bourg-d’Oisans to Saint-Étienne. A Flat stage in the 13th stage of Tour de France has happened 57 times.
A Flat stage, with 57 times, is the most common type of stage on the thirteenth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 13 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 13 are:
- Marseille – 9 times
- Strasbourg – 6 times
- Pau – 5 times
- Brest – 5 times
- Albi – 5 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 13 are:
- Montpellier – 9 times
- Metz – 6 times
- Nîmes – 5 times
- Albi – 5 times
- Pau – 3 times
Tour de France Stage 13 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 13th stage of Tour de France:
- Mark Cavendish (GBR) – 3 victories
- Nino Defilippis (ITA) – 2 victories
- Lance Armstrong (USA)[a] – 2 victories
- Gustave Garrigou (FRA) – 2 victories
- Georges Speicher (FRA) – 2 victories
- François Faber (LUX) – 2 victories
- Eddy Merckx (BEL) – 2 victories
- Claudio Chiappucci (ITA) -2 victories
- André Leducq (FRA) – 2victories
- Willy Teirlinck (BEL) – 1 victories
Stage 13 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about stage 2 of Tour de France.
Photo by Lara Schipperen on Unsplash