Tour de France Stage 14 of 2022 will go from Saint-Étienne to Mende. It will be a Medium-mountain stage.
The stage does not have high mountains but the physical demands on the riders will not stop from start to end.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 14
Tour de France Stage 14 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 14 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 6 times Stage 14 was an Individual Time Trial
- 1 times Stage 14 was a Team Time Trial
- 5 times Stage 14 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 14, has been 206.43 kms (128.32 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 14 average distance increases to 216.58 km (134.63 miles).
Stage number 14 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be shorter than the historical average with 195 kms (121 miles).
Tour de France Stage 14 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 14 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 14th Stage: 468.00 km. 1919 edition
- Shortest 14th Stage: 33.00 km. 1982 edition
Tour de France Stage 14 types of stage
The fourteenth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Medium-mountain stage from Saint-Étienne to Mende. A Medium-mountain stage in the 14th stage of Tour de France has happened 41 times.
A Medium mountain stage, with 41 times, is the most common type of stage on the fourteenth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 14 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 14 are:
- Montpellier – 8 times
- Metz – 6 times
- Aurillac – 4 times
- Tarbes – 3 times
- Nîmes – 3 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 14 are:
- Perpignan – 8 times
- Dunkerque – 8 times
- Luchon – 5 times
- Paris – 3 times
- Narbonne – 3 times
Tour de France Stage 14 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 14th stage of Tour de France:
- Félix Goethals (FRA) – 3 victories
- Roger Hassenforder (FRA) – 2 victories
- Richard Virenque (FRA) – 2 victories
- René Le Grevès (FRA) – 2 victories
- Raymond Poulidor (FRA) – 2 victories
- Lucien Van Impe (BEL) – 2 victories
- Gino Bartali (ITA) – 2 victories
- Eloi Meulenberg (BEL) -2 victories
- Eddy Merckx (BEL) – 2victories
- Bernard Hinault (FRA) – 2 victories
Stage 14 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about stage 3 of Tour de France.