Tour de France Stage 20 of 2022 will go from Lacapelle-Marival to Rocamadour. It will be an Individual time trial.
One day before the end, everything not decided yet, will be decided in the last Individual Time Trial. Yellow Jersey? Podium positions? Top10? Team Ranking?
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 20
Tour de France Stage 20 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 20 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 28 times Stage 20 was an Individual Time Trial
- 3 times Stage 20 was a Team Time Trial
- 6 times Stage 20 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 20, has been 143.93 kms (89.54 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 20 average distance increases to 181.64 km (113.02 miles).
Stage number 20 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be shorter, expected as it is a Time Trial, than the historical average with 40 kms (25 miles).
Tour de France Stage 20 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 20 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 20th Stage: 309.50 km. 1961 edition
- Shortest 20th Stage: 22.50 km. 2017 edition
Tour de France Stage 20 types of stage
The twentieth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Individual time trial from Lacapelle-Marival to Rocamadour. A Individual time trial in the 20th stage of Tour de France has happened 28 times.
A Flat stage, with 43 times, is the most common type of stage on the twentieth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 20 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 20 are:
- Bordeaux – 7 times
- Saint-Étienne – 6 times
- Versailles – 5 times
- Morzine – 3 times
- Charleville – 3 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 20 are:
- Paris (Champs-Élysées) – 11 times
- Puy de Dôme – 4 times
- Paris – 4 times
- Troyes – 3 times
- Saint-Étienne – 3 times
Tour de France Stage 20 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 20th stage of Tour de France:
- Eddy Merckx (BEL) – 3 victories
- Djamolidine Abdoujaparov (UZB) – 3 victories
- Bernard Hinault (FRA) – 3 victories
- Tony Martin (GER) – 2 victories
- Robbie McEwen (AUS) – 2 victories
- René Le Grevès (FRA) – 2 victories
- Maurice Dewaele (BEL) – 2 victories
- Mark Cavendish (GBR) -2 victories
- Joop Zoetemelk (NED) – 2victories
- Jan Ullrich (GER) – 2 victories
Stage 20 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about Stage 9 of Tour de France.
Petar Milošević, CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0, via Wikimedia Commons