Stage 19 of Tour de France 2022 will go from Castelnau-Magnoac to Cahors. It will be a Flat stage.
The finish line in Cahors should be the ideal scenario for the survival sprinters.
Statistics and data of Tour de France Stage 19
Tour de France Stage 19 Average Distance
To calculate the average distance of the Stage 19 of the TdF there is some extra information to be provided.
- 22 times Stage 19 was an Individual Time Trial
- 3 times Stage 19 was a Team Time Trial
- 4 times Stage 19 was divided in more than one split
The average distance in kilometers of the Stage 19, has been 155.33 kms (96.51 miles).
If we do not consider Time Trials, as those stages are shorter, then Stage 19 average distance increases to 187.03 km (116.21 miles).
Stage number 19 of the 2022 edition of “Le Tour” will be longer than the historical average with 189 kms (117 miles). The reason the big amount of Time Trials raced as Stage 19 of “Le Tour”.
Tour de France Stage 19 Distance Evolution
The year by year distance evolution of Stage 19 of the Tour de France has been decreasing exactly as all the other stages. The reason is that in the early days of the Tour de France, stages were incredibly longer than what we are used to nowadays.
- Longest 19th Stage: 291.00 km. 1950 edition
- Shortest 19th Stage: 15.00 km. 1983 edition
Tour de France Stage 19 types of stage
The nineteenth stage of the 2022 Tour de France will be a Flat stage from Castelnau-Magnoac to Cahors. A Flat stage in the 19th stage of Tour de France has happened 39 times.
A Flat stage, with 39 times, is the most common type of stage on the nineteenth stage of the Tour de France.
TdF Stage 19 Locations
The cities that have hosted more times the start line of Tour de France Stage 19 are:
- Pau – 7 times
- Metz – 5 times
- Bordeaux – 5 times
- Briançon – 4 times
- Villard-de-Lans – 2 times
The cities that have hosted more times the finish line of Tour de France Stage 19 are:
- Bordeaux – 9 times
- Saint-Étienne – 5 times
- Aix-les-Bains – 4 times
- Versailles – 3 times
- Saint-Priest – 3 times
Tour de France Stage 19 winners
Find below the list of cyclists with more victories on the 19th stage of Tour de France:
- Lance Armstrong (USA)[a] – 4 victories
- Barry Hoban (GBR) – 3 victories
- Rolf Graf (SUI) – 2 victories
- Raphaël Géminiani (FRA) – 2 victories
- Miguel Indurain (ESP) – 2 victories
- Jean Aerts (BEL) – 2 victories
- Jacques Anquetil (FRA) – 2 victories
- Wout Wagtmans (NED) -1 victories
- Vincenzo Nibali (ITA) – 1victories
- Toni Rominger (SUI) – 1 victories
Stage 19 Tour de France anecdotes and important days
This section of the page will be a live document where I will be adding information that I gather through the time or that I receive in the comments.
Find more stats and interesting information about Stage 8 of Tour de France.